If you could have your favorite candy bar in the largest size possible, would it actually turn out to be more than you can chew? Of course not. Even if it took a long time for you to finish that candy bar, it would not be an impossible challenge.
Think of this Challenge puzzle the same way. I think this one uses some delightful logic. Find that logic, take your time, and enjoy the process!
Print the puzzles or type the solution in this excel file: 10 Factors 1526-1535
Factors of 1535:
- 1535 is a composite number.
- Prime factorization: 1535 = 5 × 307.
- 1535 has no exponents greater than 1 in its prime factorization, so √1535 cannot be simplified.
- The exponents in the prime factorization are 1 and 1. Adding one to each exponent and multiplying we get (1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 2 × 2 = 4. Therefore 1535 has exactly 4 factors.
- The factors of 1535 are outlined with their factor pair partners in the graphic below.
Another Fact about the number 1535:
1535 is the hypotenuse of a Pythagorean triple:
921-1228-1535 which is (3-4-5) times 307.