My son and his family arrived today for a two-month long visit. We are so excited that they are here. His nine-year-old daughter has solved her share of Find the Factors puzzles. Today I gave her the opportunity to help me design one which she thoroughly loved doing. Here is the first of her creations. Will you be able to solve it? It’s a level 5 so you might find it a bit tricky.
Factors of 1473:
- 1473 is a composite number.
- Prime factorization: 1473 = 3 × 491
- 1473 has no exponents greater than 1 in its prime factorization, so √1473 cannot be simplified.
- The exponents in the prime factorization are 1, and 1. Adding one to each exponent and multiplying we get (1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 2 × 2 = 4. Therefore 1473 has exactly 4 factors.
- The factors of 1473 are outlined with their factor pair partners in the graphic below.
More about the number 1473:
1473 can be written as the difference of two squares in two different ways:
737² – 736² = 1473
247² – 244² = 1473