- 201 is a composite number.
- Prime factorization: 201 = 3 x 67
- The exponents in the prime factorization are 1 and 1. Adding one to each and multiplying we get (1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 2 x 2 = 4. Therefore 201 has exactly 4 factors.
- Factors of 201: 1, 3, 67, 201
- Factor pairs: 201 = 1 x 201 or 3 x 67
- 201 has no square factors that allow its square root to be simplified. √201 ≈ 14.1774
Today is World Elephant Day, and today, like every other day in recent history, about 100 elephants will be killed by poachers.
I’ve written the multiplication rhyme above not only to help children remember 11 x 11 = 121, but also to teach them never to buy ivory and to work to protect elephant families. Elephants are magnificent for many reasons, and they live in family units just like we do.
Picture your family sitting down with a few other families for dinner in an outdoor cafe when suddenly all the adults are fired upon and killed by thieves. Your orphaned children witness as the thieves remove rings from your fingers and other valuables from your now dead body.
That is what happens to scores of elephant families EVERYDAY as poachers selfishly remove ivory from the elephants they massacre.
Imagine a world with NO elephants. That day is in our future unless we do all we can to change the present.
Please, take a few minutes to check out some of these blogs that are written by people who truly love elephants: