1441 is the 16th star number. If you look at the tiny squares that make up each triangle in the star, you might notice that each of those triangles is made with 15 rows of squares. Thus each triangle represents the 15th triangular number.
A six-pointed star is really just a 12-sided figure better known as a dodecagon.
Since I recently wrote that figurate numbers can be found using triangular numbers, I wondered if centered figurate numbers can make the same claim. Yes, they can!
Centered Figurate Numbers are also called Centered Polygonal Numbers and can be easily calculated from the triangular numbers.
Here are some more facts about the number 1441:
- 1441 is a composite number.
- Prime factorization: 1441 = 11 × 131
- 1441 has no exponents greater than 1 in its prime factorization, so √1441 cannot be simplified.
- The exponents in the prime factorization are 1, and 1. Adding one to each exponent and multiplying we get (1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 2 × 2 = 4. Therefore 1441 has exactly 4 factors.
- The factors of 1441 are outlined with their factor pair partners in the graphic below.
1441 is a palindrome with an even number of digits so it is divisible by 11.
1441 is also a palindrome in some other bases, namely, base 6, base 30, base 32, and base 36.