- 329 is a composite number.
- Prime factorization: 329 = 7 x 47
- The exponents in the prime factorization are 1 and 1. Adding one to each and multiplying we get (1 + 1)(1 + 1) = 2 x 2 = 4. Therefore 329 has exactly 4 factors.
- Factors of 329: 1, 7, 47, 329
- Factor pairs: 329 = 1 x 329 or 7 x 47
- 329 has no square factors that allow its square root to be simplified. √329 ≈ 18.138
Here’s a puzzle that could be a last minute gift. If there is a child in you life who has recently become familiar with the multiplication table, put this puzzle in his or her stocking! It is as easy as the puzzles get.
Print or type on this week’s puzzles using this excel file: 10 Factors 2014-12-22
Last year on Christmas Eve I offered a free last minute gift, a puzzle booklet, but I discovered that most people take care of their last minute gift-giving a couple of days sooner than that. Still this last minute gift could be sent electronically and you can’t beat the price.
I also learned that margins in excel can move so the booklet didn’t always print up as nicely as I wanted. I’m still recovering from surgery so this year I simply revised that same booklet.
I saved the booklet as Factor Holiday pdf to eliminate those printing issues. In pdf, the lines on the puzzles became quite dark so I don’t like the way they look as much, but I’ll live with it.
The booklet is also available in Factor Holiday excel if you prefer to type your answers directly on the computer. You can try printing it off of excel as well, but I can’t guarantee what the margins will do at any given time.
Here’s a copy of the puzzle booklet’s cover with my sincere holiday greetings for all of you: